What's my favourite social media and why?

Friday, January 27, 2017



As my blog is starting to change and I am writing just about anything that interests me, I thought I would keep going as it’s motivating me to keep posting at the moment. So today I wanted to share with you what my favourite social media is and why I love it so much.

Drum roll please…. INSTAGRAM

So this may or may not be a surprise to you all as I LOVE YouTube (YT) and my heart does lie with YT… but I can’t fully enjoy YT everywhere I go. What I mean by this is that when I could be in a coffee shop, on a train, at work or on a lunch break with lots of people around me I can’t watch a video and fully enjoy it.

What I LOVE about IG:

Well with Instagram it’s quite and easy to access, I get motivation and inspiration from many of the accounts I follow. I appreciate good photography and the effort that some people put into their photos, that we may only look at for a few seconds. Some people spend hours searching for locations, buying props for their photos and use expensive lighting and I can say if fair play to these people because your photos like Fab! I think that it is really easier to engage with people and get a feel for the what they like to buy, eat or where they like to vacation. I also like that when I follow my friends I can see what they’re doing when I’m not with them (sounds a little stalkerish when I say it like that). The other thing I really like about it is that they don’t have a thumbs down or a negative icon to click. I think if people aren’t liking your pictures they will just unfollow which I think is fair enough.   

So nothing is perfect and IG has had its problems and criticisms so I thought I would let you know what I’m not so keen on.

What I don’t LOVE about IG:

As much as I love it and I go on it probably an unhealthy amount of times a day. There are things I don’t like about it: and that is that it can portray a life that we all would love to lead, that is most of the time quite false. We have always been told not to believe everything we read or see on the internet and I think the same applies to social media. I follow some accounts where they seem to travel all over the world, eat amazing food, buy the most expensive things, look incredible 24 hours a day, have the perfect relationship and have everything gifted to them. Following accounts like this can make me disheartened sometimes but then I remember that social media can be all about showing off and I am no angel and do the same sometimes but I don’t think people should beat themselves up for not living an “Instagram life”. I like to follow these accounts because the pictures look so pretty and I use it as motivation to work harder or to quote someone I work with says “Don’t work harder, work smarter”.  

I love social media and I think I always will, I love sharing things with you lovely readers, my lovely subscribers and all my followers across all my social media platforms. But at the moment I do love IG and admiring the beautiful and sometimes funny pictures and short videos it has to offer.

Let me know what your favourite social media is, and if you would like me to share with you my favourite IG accounts.

Steph
X

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So far so good i give thanks to Dr.Ogudugu for great work he did for me during my time of distress, And i have never seen anything that works so fast and so effective like the spell that Dr.Ogudugu cast on my lover which brought my lover back to me. Here is Dr.Ogudugu details: greatogudugu@gmail.com or WhatsApp No: +2348139793075 for further inquiry and assistance.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

PINTEREST